Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Random facts about moi


Just thought of putting up this note from facebook that I put together a little over a year ago. Reading it now makes me realize I haven't changed a whole lot since then (which is I think good in a way), except that I could've grown more spiritually, but...). Whatever I have changed are either in parentheses or are sentence structure edits and two of them were about tagging people on facebook which aren't really that important. Anyhow, here they are:

1. The simplest and littlest of things amaze, amuse, or impress me.
2. I can keep a secret (mine or those of ones closest to me) for all my life but find it very difficult to hide my temporary reactions or feelings in response to unexpected or unpredictable events and/or comments that people don't generally respond to.
3. I'm not very good at expressing myself verbally but am much better at expressing myself in writing (mostly because of the way I make it to be). I get more time to think while I'm writing and not so much while I'm talking. I’m okay if it’s spontaneous conversation and comes naturally, not if I have to think about it while in conversation.
4. I love spending time with people who truly love the Lord - nothing like it!
5. It takes a long time for people to get to know me as I am - a very long time! I kinda like that but I kinda not like it more than that. I'm working on reversing this trait of mine but I'm taking my time. :D
6. I can be extremely bold one moment and extremely sensitive (for my own feelings as well as those of others) the very next.
7. It's been about 4 years since I started noticing the lyrics in a song first, and only then the tune/music (5 years now and it still hasn't changed!).
8. There is a fun side to me - which not many people see, but I think that side of me is coming out slowly in different forms as time goes by (This might've changed a little bit depending on who you are and what side of me you saw when you first met me).
9. When I sing a song that I've listened to, I tend to sing the song exactly the way that person sang it, even the voice – it comes naturally! =p
10. I love my family... a LOT!
11. I recently made a big change of career choice (OK, that's old news!).
12. I'm not being more specific about #11 because mentioning it makes life more unnecessarily difficult for me – at least for the time being. I guess just saying that destroys the whole purpose but whatever... (decided not to take this off, because it shows a side of me that's been heavily influenced culturally, and I try to change but don't know if it's right or wrong to be so influenced; and if it's wrong, then I don't know how to make it right).
13. I'd rather be a “fly on the wall" and see what others have to say about me than go on and on about myself this way.
14. My favorite drinking vessel in my house has a picture of a toothless open-mouthed-very-cute-baby with "Haaaa..." written above it, on one side, and "*Translation: Nurses are special" on the other. =) I think that's cute.
15. I was born and lived in North India (Bhilai, MP) for the 1st four years of my life, then went to Muscat, Oman and lived there for the next 14 years of my life, went to South India (Kochi, KL) for 2 years of college, and since then have been in NC, US for two years and running.
16. I believe one chooses to love (if it’s true love – that is the patient, kind, not rude, is not provoked kind of love) rather than falls in love – whether or not that person is someone you choose or one who someone else helps you choose.
17. I can be pretty ruthless while saying something and regret it the very next moment and have a deer-in-the-headlights moment right then and that thought can torture me for the next few months.
18. I love acting crazy and laughing out loud, especially when my mom and sister are with me, that trait comes out in its fuller form. :D
19. I talk better in smaller groups than in bigger ones – more because I like listening more than talking. I think I learn more about the people present then, than when I talk.
20. Nothing more joyful than these three – a) contentment b) watching a sad face turn happy c) watching an infant with no care in the world smile
21. I think I’m a total sambar (a south Indian mixed vegetable spicy curry) of completely opposite characteristics and don’t know whether that’s good or bad.
22. I love the Lord my God - Jesus Christ, my personal Lord and Savior, more than anything or anyone else - only because He first loved me when I'm someone who least deserves it – not because I am “wicked” by the standards of the world but because I’m unholy and therefore wicked by the standard of a perfect, righteous, and holy God, when He could have easily, having the power and authority to, with one word made me non-existent if He chose to.
23. If you are not a Christian, (as in not by denomination or born into a family that calls themselves christians but YOU willfully having accepted Jesus as your own Savior and more importantly, Lord), first of all, I hope you’re still reading this =), and secondly, I would sincerely love for you to know that this relationship I have with Him, you can enjoy too to the same extent that, or even more than, I’m enjoying it.


I might add more... later. =)
I love you all!

No comments: