Wednesday, March 31, 2010


So this is basically a love song to your future husband or wife (maybe you've already met them or maybe you haven't), but this is mainly looking from the perspective of an unmarried person who writes a love song to his or her future spouse.

Faithfully (by Eric and Leslie Ludy, authors of When God Writes Your Love Story)

Tonight I saw a shooting star,
Made me wonder where you are.
For years I have been dreaming of you,
And I wonder if you're thinking of me, too

In this world of cheap romance
And love that only fades after the dance,
They say that I'm a fool to wait for something more.
How can I really love someone I've never seen before?

But I have longed for true love every day that I have lived,
And I know real love is all about learning how to give.
So I pray that God will bring you to me,
And I pray you'll find me waiting faithfully.

Chorus:
Faithfully, I am yours
From now until forever
Faithfully, I will write
Write you a love song with my life.
'Cause this kind of love's worth waiting for
No matter how long it takes.
I am yours
Faithfully

Tonight I saw two lovers kiss,
Reminded me of my own loneliness.
They say that I'm a fool to keep on praying for you
How can I give up pleasure for a dream that won't come true?

But I will keep believing that God still has a plan,
And though I cannot see you now, I know that He can,
And someday I will give you all of me.
Until I find you, I'll be waiting faithfully.

Chorus:
Faithfully, I am yours
From now until forever
Faithfully, I will write,
Write you a love song wit my life.
'Cause this kind of love's worth waiting for
No matter how long it takes
I am yours
Faithfully

No comments: